Virtual Heights is an online learning option for enrolled Columbia Heights Public Schools students during the 2021–2022 school year.
Virtual Heights is an online learning option for enrolled Columbia Heights Public Schools students during the 2021–2022 school year. Virtual Heights is different from the distance/hybrid learning models (Heights from Home) that were previously required for all Minnesota school districts under the Safe Learning Plan for Minnesota K-12 schools. Space is limited.
Virtual Heights students remain enrolled in their home school, but have the opportunity to learn from home through self-paced online instruction. Virtual Heights students are required to check in daily to receive support from a licensed Columbia Heights Public Schools teacher, but will complete the majority of their learning independently.
Virtual Heights offers:
Individualized Learning Paths
- Students access high quality online learning in all content areas, including Literacy, Math, Science, Health and Physical Education, Music, Art, and Technology
- All content is aligned to Minnesota Academic Standards
- The online learning platform is adaptive to students’ needs, ensuring each student receives the appropriate level of rigor with support
- Students have live daily check ins with a licensed Columbia Heights Public Schools teacher
- Social-emotional support is provided through an online classroom community
- A learning device (Chromebook) is provided to each student for at-home use
- Support services are available to students as needed
- Students remain enrolled in their home school, with the option to return to in-person learning each quarter
- Asynchronous work allows students to learn at their own pace
If you have any questions, contact your building principal.