In the event of inclement weather, Columbia Heights Public Schools (CHPS) may implement e-learning days to facilitate student learning at home, as stated in Minnesota Statute.
E-learning days will be determined by the Superintendent on a case-by-case basis. E-learning days will be announced with an automated phone call, posted on the District website and social media.
FOR SECONDARY STUDENTS: Instead of learning at school, students will learn from home through live Zoom sessions with teachers and completing work on Schoology.
CA teachers connect live with students on Zoom and take attendance:
8:30-8:55 a.m.: Block 1
9:00-9:25 a.m.: Block 2
9:30-9:55 a.m.: Block 3
10:00-10:25 a.m.: Block 4
How is attendance taken?
In order to be counted as "present" for an e-learning day, students in grades K-5 must join the live Zoom sessions. While these days cannot replace the face-to-face time students have with their teachers, they can provide continued learning when school is cancelled due to weather.
Where can I find daily learning work?
- Teachers will post Zoom links to Seesaw
- Teachers will post daily assignments and resources on Seesaw.
What if I or my student have questions?
- Students and families can reach teachers via Schoology messaging, email or phone.
- For assistance with technology, call (763)528-4598
- Families can contact Columbia Heights High School Main Office: (763)528-4600 or Principal Todd Wynne, firstname.lastname@example.org