Welcome to Columbia Heights Public Schools, ISD #13!
At Columbia Heights Public Schools, we pride ourselves on offering the best of both worlds -- the close-knit sense of a small-town community along with all of the advantages that come with being a part of a major metropolitan area.
Our District is large enough to provide a variety of unique educational opportunities, and small enough for administrators, staff, parents and students to know each other and share a sense of community. Above all, we are committed to providing appropriate educational opportunities, so that all learners can develop to their full potential. We truly provide "Worlds of Opportunity for Each and Every Learner" where "All Belong, All Succeed."
We are a small, diverse district, with five schools and approximately 3,400 PreK-12 learners. Columbia Heights Public Schools is focused on the big picture of creating College and Career-Ready Graduates for every student in our schools.
Our District is overseen by an elected Board of Education whose primary role is governance. The Superintendent of Schools, who reports to the Board of Education, is responsible for the day-to-day operational leadership of the District.
To learn more about our District, schools, programs and services, call 763-528-4500. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to Columbia Heights Public Schools!
Our Core Values | What Drives Our Work and Actions
Community: Where we all belong and believe in ourselves and each other
Excellence: Being our best, expecting our best, every day
Collaboration:Working together for common goals
Integrity: Doing what is right, even when no one is watching
Respect: Celebrating who we are, honoring our differences, treating others well
Courage: Facing challenges with hope and persistence
Innovation: Finding new ways to excel and grow
Our Vision | What We Intend to Create
Columbia Heights Public Schools is a vibrant learning community of:
- Academic excellence supporting the whole student through individual choices and rigorous learning
- Engaging and personalized learning, effective communication, and preparation for success in college, career and community
- Staff supporting, challenging, affirming and caring for all of our students
- Pride in, and by our students, schools, district and community
- A district and community culture of collaborative partnerships
- Safe and secure schools for all; physically and emotionally
- Irresistible employment and a great place to work and learn
Strategic Directions | Our Key Strategies Toward Vision
- Improving Each Student’s Experience and School Climate
- Improving Each Student’s Academic Achievement and Career/College Readiness
- Improving Our Daily Interactions with Students, Families and Community
- Securing and Effectively Managing Our Resources; Human Resources, Financial and Physical
CHPS Land Acknowledgement
Columbia Heights Public Schools reside on ancestral Dakota land. Please join us in acknowledging the Dakota and Ojibwe community, their elders both past and present, along with future generations. This acknowledgement demonstrates a commitment to dismantling the ongoing legacies of colonial power and our school district’s desire to support local indigenous communities to thrive in our schools.