Welcome to Columbia Heights Public Schools!
Our District serves the communities of Columbia Heights, South Fridley and Hilltop, Minnesota. We are located directly north of Minneapolis, also neighboring the communities of Fridley, St. Anthony and New Brighton.
We are a small diverse District, with five schools and approximately 3,100 K-12 learners, yet Columbia Heights Public Schools is focused on the big picture of creating College and Career-Ready Graduates for every student in our schools.
Columbia Heights was also selected, in 2015, by the College Board as the Small AP District of the Year for all of North America. Columbia Heights High School was also selected by the College Board to the 2015 AP Honor Roll.
Our District is overseen by an elected School Board whose primary role is governance. The Superintendent of Schools, who reports to the School Board, is responsible for the day-to-day operational leadership of the District.
Our Core Values
Community | Excellence | Collaboration | Integrity | Respect | Courage | Innovation
Our Vision 2015 calls for...
- Academic excellence with access to flexible programming and options designed around student needs.
- An image of pride that attracts and retains students and families.
- All have a voice and place with differences being our assets.
- Innovative technology for engaged learning, effective communication and preparation for success.
- Community culture of collaborative partnerships.
- Best practices and resource management: "We do school well."
- Irresistible employment with creative and collegial staff.
To learn more about our District, schools, programs and services, call 763-528- 4500 or visit our District Center, 1440 49th Ave. NE, Columbia Heights.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to Columbia Heights Public Schools!