Child Care for Critical Care Workers
Executive Order 20-82 indicates that a school district or charter school that operates a hybrid or distance learning model must provide school-aged care for eligible children at no cost during the time those children are not receiving instruction in the school building during regular school hours. The school-age care for children of critical workers is intended for extreme circumstances in which no parent or guardian is at home due to employment as a critical worker (MUST BE TIER 1). This school-age care must be provided for district or school-enrolled school-age children age 12 and under who are children of critical workers in Tier I of the state critical worker list.
Tier 1 Definitions
Written Employment Verification
Tier 1 workers are required to provide a written verification from their employer stating they are currently a Tier 1 worker required to work outside of their home. This letter must include your name and be written specifically for you. Please send this verification to Community Education Coordinator Jodi Gadient.
Terms & Conditions
- Start and end times:
- Elementary (K-5) | The program is open 7:30 a.m.-2:20 p.m. Drop off begins at 7:30am and children must be picked up by 2:20 p.m.
- Middle Schools (up to age 12) | The program is open 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m.. Drop off begins at 8am and children must be picked up by 3:15 p.m.
- No re-admittance to the program will be granted if you are in breach of contract.
- To make any adjustments your child's schedule, please contact the program supervisors. Changes are subject to availability.
- If the District closes due to inclement weather, the CHPS Critical Care Workers Child Care will close.
- If the CHPS Critical Care Workers Child Care will be closed on all days that school is not in session.
- Your child needs to be picked up by the pick-up time designated above (2:20 p.m. for K-5 and 3:15 for middle school up to age 12). If you have not picked up your child(ren) by this time authorities will be called and you may need to pick them up at the Columbia Heights Police Department.
- CHPS Critical Workers Child Care will discontinue enrollment after more than one late pickup.
- I understand that if my child misuses or damages equipment, I will be assessed a replacement fee, price to be determined.
- CHPS Critical Care Workers Child Care remains in effect while the school district is in a hybird or distance learning stage. Adventure Club (for students in K-5) will be open from 2:20-6 p.m. and on most non-school days for families who need to enroll for additional childcare.
- Children in CHPS Critical Care Workers Child Care should not require one on one support and should be able to follow all rules and expectations in the program. Children should also be able to transition and function in a group setting.
- Children enrolled in Heights From Home Distance learning only do not quailfy for critical care child care.
- CHPS is following current guidelines regarding face coverings outlined in Executive Orders 20-81 and 20-103.
- Start and end times:
Hours & Locations
Highland, North Park and Valley View
7:30 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
If your student needs care after 2:20 p.m. please register them for Adventure Club.
Columbia Academy (through age 12*)
8 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
*Upon your child’s thirteenth birthday, they are no longer eligible for this care.