Please note that we continually monitor the National Weather Service, which is the official government authority on weather forecasting and warnings for the state of Minnesota, so that we can use the most up-to-date information in our decision-making. In the Columbia Heights Public School District we use the following methods to notify the community of school closures:
- Telephone auto call messaging from each school (Please make sure your school has your current phone number on file).
- Blackboard Connection email notifications (Please make sure you school has your current email on file)
- WCCO, KSTP, FOX 9 and KARE 11 television news and WCCO AM (radio)
- District website (www.colheights.k12.mn.us)
- Facebook (CHPSisd13)
- Twitter (@CHPSisd13)
- Instagram (thesuptcolheights)
Important: If you have not been notified or do not read any Columbia Heights Public Schools' updates to the above list, school is in session.
School and evening activity closures: If the decision is made to cancel school, all classes and activities, including Community Education programs, are canceled or closed for that day and evening.
Early dismissals: If a decision is made for dismissing school early, we will initiate the same notification process as school closures. Early dismissals also include canceling of all after-school and evening activities.
For more information, contact the District at 763-528-4500 or fill out our contact form.