Earn your Columbia Heights High School diploma and an Associates of Arts at the same time!
Are you a Columbia Heights High School (CHHS) student who:
- Is driven to succeed?
- Is in the academic middle or above and has a solid academic record (GPA and test scores)?
- Is committed to college preparation and exploration?
- Is willing to work toward earning your Associates of Arts degree without ever leaving the CHHS campus?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you may be eligible for the CHHS FREE Early College program. Your high school is partnering with Anoka-Ramsey Community College in offering FREE college courses to eligible CHHS students. If you meet the above criteria, you can earn up to 60 college credits and an Associates of Arts degree through Advanced Placement and Early College courses.
Minnesota State Colleges and University (MNSCU)
Metro Area Members
- No need to leave Columbia Heights! Stay involved in your high school activities and more with your CHHS friends and teachers.
- Earn high school and college credits for the same course.
- Courses are taught by Minnesota State certified CHHS teachers.
- Earn up to two years of college, and possibly an Associates of Arts degree.
What you need to know!
- Early College classes are taken in grades 11 and 12, but focused academic preparation and planning starts with ninth grade registration.
- Students in grades 9, 10 and 11 should take college preparatory (AP) classes that can boost their academic success in Early College programming.
- You pay no tuition for college credits or courses. You and your family can save thousands of dollars (more than $10,000 for a two-year Minnesota community college and $14,000 per year for a four-year Minnesota state university) while taking college courses at Columbia Heights High School.
ARCC Courses (2017-2018)
- English 1121 College Writing/Critical Reading
- Math 1210 Pre-Calculus
- Biology 1100
- Biology 1103/1133 Environmental Science Class/Lab
CHHS Advanced Placement Courses (2017-2018)
- Studio Art
- Art History
- World History (10th grade)
- US History
- US Government
- Comparative Government
- Credits earned through the CHHS Early College Program can or may transfer to any of the 31 two-year and four-year public Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (54 campuses statewide). For non-MNSCU colleges and universities, call the school's registrar for details.
- Learn more about how credits transfer on the Anoka-Ramsey Community College website.
How do you get started?
If you are a CHHS student who meets the eligibility, contact Registrar Kari Martin at 763-528-4638 or visit your Academic Dean.