American Indian Education
Welcome to Columbia Heights Public Schools American Indian Education program. The American Indian Education program, which is a partnership between the Columbia Heights, Fridley and Spring Lake Park school districts, receives federal and state funding.
Eligibility for Title VII services are available to:
- An enrolled member of a tribe, band or other organized group, including Alaskan and Hawaiian natives.
- A child of a parent or grandparent who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe or group of Indians.
- Enrolled upon approval of the Title VI Student Eligibility Certification form.
Our services include:
- Academic advising (6-12)
- Assistance in preparation for college or vocational training (6-12)
- Check & Connect mentoring
- College visits
- Cultural activities
- Field trips
- Liaison for students with special needs
- Monitoring student's school programs to provide assistance (K-12)
- Ojibwe & Dakota language
- Parent Advisory Committee
2022 Committee Meetings
American Indian Parent Advisory Committee Meetings
First meeting - Oct. 5, 2022 in District Center Training Room at 6:00 p.m.