American Indian Education
Welcome to Columbia Heights Public Schools American Indian Education program. The American Indian Education program, which is a partnership between the Columbia Heights, Fridley and Spring Lake Park school districts, receives federal and state funding.
Eligibility for Title VII services are available to:
- An enrolled member of a tribe, band or other organized group, including Alaskan and Hawaiian natives.
- A child of a parent or grandparent who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe or group of Indians.
- Enrolled upon approval of the Title VI Student Eligibility Certification form.
Our services include:
- Academic advising (6-12)
- Assistance in preparation for college or vocational training (6-12)
- Check & Connect mentoring
- College visits
- Cultural activities
- Field trips
- Liaison for students with special needs
- Monitoring student's school programs to provide assistance (K-12)
- Ojibwe & Dakota language
- Parent Advisory Committee
2020-2021 Committee Meetings
American Indian Parent Advisory Committee Meetings begin at 5:30 p.m. and are held via Zoom.
Nov. 19, 2020
Dec. 17, 2020
Jan. 21, 2021
Feb. 18, 2021
March 25, 2021
April 22, 2021
May 20, 2021