American Indian Education
Welcome to Columbia Heights Public Schools American Indian Education program. The American Indian Education program receives federal and state funding.
Eligibility for Title VII services are available to:
- An enrolled member of a tribe, band or other organized group, including Alaskan and Hawaiian natives.
- A child of a parent or grandparent who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe or group of Indians.
- Enrolled upon approval of the Title VI Student Eligibility Certification form.
Our services include:
- Academic advising (6-12)
- Assistance in preparation for college or vocational training (6-12)
- Check & Connect mentoring
- College visits
- Cultural activities
- Field trips
- Liaison for students with special needs
- Monitoring student's school programs to provide assistance (K-12)
- Ojibwe & Dakota language
- Parent Advisory Committee
2022-23 Committee Meetings
American Indian Parent Advisory Committee Meetings
Meetings take place at 6:00 p.m. in the District Center Community Room
First meeting - Oct. 5, 2022
November 2, 2022
December 7, 2022
January 4, 2023
February 1, 2023
March 1, 2023
April 12, 2023
May 3, 2023