- Continuously strive to reduce the annual lost workday incident rate for each District location below the level for the previous year.
- Commit the resources to bring each District building into compliance with applicable occupational safety and health (MNOSHA) regulations.
- Implement continuing and effective health and safety programs to provide District employees with a safe and healthful workplace.
- Encourage communication between District employees and members of the Health and Safety Committee.
- Assign responsibilities.
- Establish systems for identifying, analyzing, and controlling hazards.
- Communicate program effectively and encourage employee participation.
- Investigate all incidents.
- Enforce safe work practices and rules.
Manager of Buildings and Grounds
- Requests funding to maintain effective health and safety programs
- Oversees and coordinates implementation of AWAIR program
- Provides new employee orientation
- Monitors program effectiveness
- Evaluates and updates AWAIR program annually
- Conducts routine inspections
- Performs follow-up to verify problems are corrected promptly
- Oversees accident and incident investigations
- Oversees scheduling of health and safety meetings/training sessions
- Oversees distribution of Health and Safety Committee agendas and minutes
- Encourages and reinforces employee participation in health and safety matters
Safety Committee Members
- Attend committee meetings
- Complete assigned tasks determined by committee (inspections, job hazard assessments, accident investigations, etc.)
- Ask co-workers for suggestions and input
- Communicate with co-workers about safety issues and encourage safe behavior
- Recommend corrections and follow-up to be sure actions are taken
- Provide comments, ideas, and suggestions about safety
- Report all accidents and incidents
- Attend required safety training and meetings