General Chromebook Care Tips
- Avoid eating or drinking next to your Chromebook
- Carefully transport your Chromebook to school every day.
- Avoid placing weight on the Chromebook.
- Be careful when opening and closing the Chromebook.
- Never throw or slide a Chromebook.
- Never leave your Chromebook unattended.
- Restart your Chromebook regularly to allow your tablet to do self-maintenance and stay in good working condition.
- Carry your Chromebook by the keyboard. Never carry it by the screen.
- When using chargers, earphones, USB sticks, or other items that plug into the Chromebook, be careful when inserting and removing the cords to keep the ports in good working condition.
- A suitable case is required to protect the Chromebook, especially while it is being transported.
- Your Chromebook comes with a school issued case (high school students) or binder (middle school students). The purpose of the case is to protect the device, especially while it is being transported.
- Do not remove or alter the stickers placed on your Chromebook by the school staff.
The device should be fully charged, using the provided wall charger, and brought to school ready to use each day. It is the student’s responsibility to charge the device at home and ensure it is ready for use in school each day. Failure to do so may result in the student’s inability to participate in classroom learning activities.
The Chromebook is an electronic device; handle it with care. Never throw a book bag that contains an device. Never place an device in a book bag that contains food, liquids, heavy, or sharp objects. Avoid using any writing utensils (such as markers or pencils) or sharp object(s) on the device. The device screen is glass and is vulnerable to cracking. Never place heavy objects on top of the device and never drop your device. Careful placement in your backpack is important.
Chromebooks do not respond well to liquids. Avoid applying liquids to the device. It can be cleaned with a soft lint-free cloth. Power down the device before cleaning. Avoid getting moisture in the openings. Do not use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean the device. Use of unapproved cleaners may damage the Chromebook.
- Never pick keys off your Chromebook keyboard. If a keyboard is missing at least one key, the whole keyboard must be replaced.
- Keep liquids away from your Chromebook keyboard.
- Clean your keyboard with a soft, lint-free cloth. Power down the Chromebook before cleaning the keyboard.