The Columbia Heights Employee of the Year is an annual recognition based on the following criteria of nominees.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Serves as a positive role model for students and staff.
- Extends oneself beyond the basics by displaying initiative and creativity.
- Contributes significantly to improving the work site or school district.
- Demonstrates courage or exemplary performance in an emergency situation or under unusual difficulties.
- Demonstrates Heights Pride by displaying a constant care for students and the community.
Employee of the Year Nominations
Eligibility Requirements for Nominators
- Anyone may nominate an employee for Employee of the Year (employee, parent, student, community member, etc.)
- Self nominations are not accepted
- Unlimited nominations per nominator are accepted
Eligibility Requirements for Nominees
- Current employee of CHPS when nomination is submitted and Employee of the Year announcement is made
- Has worked at least three full years in the district (no FTE requirement)
- Has not been named Employee of the Year before by CHPS
*All nominated employees are truly outstanding! Please keep in mind that not all nominees can be chosen for this award. The volunteer voting committee is comprised of fellow employees as well as parents and community members who have the difficult decision of selecting one award recipient per school year from all of the outstanding nominees. Thoroughly completed nominations forms with supporting documentation are easier to consider and weigh against those that are incomplete and list limited background and supporting information