Virtual Heights is an online learning option for enrolled Columbia Heights Public Schools secondary students during the 2022-2023 school year.
Secondary Virtual Heights
Virtual Heights is Columbia Heights Public Schools’ online program for students in grades 6–12.
Virtual Heights offers unique online learning opportunities for students while maintaining a connection to the Columbia Heights Public Schools community.
Virtual Heights Offers:
- Easily accessible learning model allows students to learn at their own pace
- All courses offered are aligned with Minnesota Academic Standards
- Electives that meet the fine arts and practical arts credits
- Students not making progress in Virtual Heights will be asked to return to in-person learning
- Licensed Columbia Heights Public Schools teacher assigned to the program
- Support provided for students who receive Special Education or English Learner services and students with 504 plans
- Learning device provided to each student, and technical support available
- Flexible schedule that meets the individual needs of each student
- Ability to regularly connect with teachers via Zoom
- Asynchronous instruction 5 days per week
- Required weekly check-ins with teacher
Access to Activities and Support
- Opportunities to participate in school-based in-person co-curricular activities and athletics
- Support services available to students as needed
- Access to grade level deans
Is Virtual Heights right for you?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you like to learn at your own pace - whether that's faster or slower than others?
- Are you on track for graduation?
- Do you prefer to study at different times every day?
- Are you highly motivated?
- Are you a strong advocate for yourself?
- Are you self-disciplined and organized?
If you answered "yes" to more than half of these questions, Virtual Heights might be for you! Space
To register please click the link to fill out the registration form: https://permission.click/p8YP2/us